Platatac Nomad Daypack MK2
- More Information
At Platatac, we believe that covert means covert - reducing your visual signature and working under the detection threshold is the key. And the Nomad is just that, a low signature day pack capable of carrying mission essential items without attracting unwanted attention.
It is specifically designed to look like your every-day-carry daypack; we have removed its overt tactical features, allowing you to dissolve into the background in urban areas. However, on the inside, it offers maximum flexibility and carriage options.
The pack has hideaway straps for use as carry-on luggage, or cross the shoulder straps to make a sling bag. A large carry handle on the top and side make it easy to manoeuvre from luggage racks or car footwells.
The front of the pack has three horizontal zip pockets, the top one is felt lined to stow sunglasses or iPhone, the middle one features a key holder, the lower one is separated by a stitch line to accommodate a pistol. A 4-way stretch panel on the outside of the front flap can be used to stow items that require quick access such as a small jacket or a water bottle.
Being a front-loading clamshell-style pack, the splayed opening of both compartments allows full access to its contents and easy packing and unpacking. This allows you to take out or pack an item without moving anything else around.
Inside the front main compartment, on the middle wall, we have integrated vertical and horizontal webbing into a MOLLE Panel, with velcro loop for attaching packing cubes or additional pouches to aid in organising your gear. A webbing compression strap can secure loose clothing or gear. A zippered mesh pocket and an elastic open top pocket on the front wall can be used to stow smaller items.
In the secondary compartment, we have the same vertical and horizontal webbing MOLLE Panel, with velcro loop and repositionable web tape retaining straps, to secure most short barreled PDWs, SMGs or similar sized weapons and associated equipment, the pack can also accommodate larger variants with its zippered hideaway extender sleeve.
- Two main compartments with full zip lay flat opening for easy access to gear
- Internal PALS webbing with loop velcro attached for easy organisation and to secure your gear
- Top carry handle and briefcase style side carry handle
- Internal mesh pockets for organisation of your gear
- Adjustable cross straps to keep clothing neatly secured
- Zip-away sleeve to accommodate long items (up to 750mm)
- Hidaway harness allows for carrying on, briefcase style luggage or to be used as a regular backpack
- Shoulder straps can cross over to be used as a sling bag
- Front stretch pocket to stow ready access items
- Fleece-lined eyepro or phone storage pocket
- Will fit most PDWs and SMGs or similar size firearms
- Zippered expansion panel for extra space if needed
- Small external velcro loop patch front and back
Dimensions and capacity
- 510mm (H) x 370mm (W) x 250mm (D)
- Capacity: 45 litres
- Expansion panel unzipped: 50 litres
- Expansion Panel 230mm (H) x 330m (W) x 100mm (D)
- Weight empty 2.30kg