Availability: In stock
Platatac OSSA Jacket
As low as $399.00
- More Information
- Reviews 3
Named after the remote and wild Mt Ossa, Tasmania’s highest peak, this jacket pays homage to the rugged and enduring terrain of the mountain. Mt Ossa is situated in the wilderness of the central highlands of Tasmania and is a day’s hike from the closet road. The jacket, much like those who have made the trek to conquer it's summit, is both tough and resilient.
The Platatac Ossa Jacket employs a 3 layer breathable and waterproof "Soft Touch" fabric which features technical stretch across the weft giving additional freedom of movement and additional comfort especially during activity or when wearing additional layers.
As part of the Platatac Ossa cold-weather clothing series, it is designed with a stylish modern cut providing a versatile outer layer that can be utilised as a standalone option or as the hard shell component of a layering system. The fully seam-sealed construction, hideaway hood, internal secure pocket with media port and weatherproof zips on all six pockets make this jacket usable across of range of environments, roles and missions.
- Waterproof, Windproof & Breathable fabric with DWR treatment, independently lab tested in Australia to achieve high water proof rating
- Highly durable and abrasion-resistant, soft-touch fabric with mechanical stretch that provides quieter movement than traditional shell fabrics
Design & Fit
- Drop back hem with adjustment
- Generous cut for easy layering and optimal fit
- Tall collar for added protection against the elements
- Fully adjustable helmet-compatible hood that zips neatly away into the collar
- Velcro adjustable cuffs
- Pit zippers for easy venting
- Weatherproof YKK Vislon front zip
- Waist adjustment in chest pockets
- Gusseted underarms for unrestricted mobility
- Velcro loop fields on bicep pockets for unit or company patches
- Two vertical "hand warmer" waist pockets with YKK water-resistant zips
- Two angled "anorak" style chest pockets with YKK water-resistant zips
- Two reduced profile bicep pockets with YKK water-resistant zips
- One internal zippered pocket with comms/smart phone routing ports
Note: The YKK water-resistant zips are just that, highly water-resistant, but they're not waterproof. We do not recommend keeping items in your pockets that may be damaged by moisture
GOTHIC OLIVE – Based on the natural earthy colours found in early Romanesque architecture, this colour allows for use in both outdoor and urban environments. The subtle green hue overlaying an earthy tan creates the perfect middle ground between smart and tactical. We have tested this colour in many environments and believe it to be one of the most versatile colours we have produced to date.
MOUNTAIN BLACK – From our recent expedition to Mt Ossa we took notes of our surroundings, one thing that stuck out to us was the void of light pollution and the harshness of it's dark dolerite peaks. This darkness was accompanied by a slight reflection off the nearby Lake St Clair creating a cool hue that also scattered through the clear sky of the surrounding wilderness area.
MIDNIGHT BLUE - A brilliant dark blue colour of a moonlit night sky around a full moon, it epitomises the harsh coldness of the rugged wilderness of Central and South West Tasmania. The chosen colour for Police and First Responders.
Washing & care
- Cold machine wash
- Do not dry clean
- Do not bleach
- Additional instructions inside the jacket
|Small||Medium||Large||X Large||XX Large|
|Chest (to fit)||90–100cm
(measured from halfway
across the neck to cuff)
Write Your Own Review
Offering a diverse range of specialist products and equipment, Platypus Outdoors Group is as unique as the animal we derive our name from. From humble beginnings with an ambitious vision, we have grown from a simple outdoors and militaria store to an international distributor of over 40 worldwide brand names with a combined product list in the thousands. We offer a great range of products and capabilities in support of the soldiers and law enforcement personnel that stand on the battlements looking over us whilst we are safe in our homes. Thanks to you guys; we simply would not exist without your support.