Snugpak Stratosphere Bivi Shelter
- More Information
Our Lightest 1 Person Waterproof Bivvi Shelter with a Single Skin Design
This one person bivvi shelter is much smaller than a standard tent but with all the features. It weighs little over 1kg making it lightweight and practical. Fully zipped with a rollaway No-See-Um-Mesh Mosquito Net.
The Snugpak® Stratosphere is an easily pitched, classic bivvi shelter with a self-supporting canopy around the head and shoulders, which allows increased breathability and movement while giving protection from the elements. The entry features a No-See-Um Mesh Mosquito Net, which can be rolled away when not in use, and a 3/4 length side zip for easy access. There is also a mesh covered vent behind the head area for improved air circulation.
It is a lightweight, single skin design which is waterproof, breathable and will protect you from the elements. It is made out of an impressive 5000mm hydrostatic head (HH) waterproof PU coated flysheet, with taped seams, aluminium poles and an 8000mm (HH) waterproof PU coated bathtub style groundsheet. When packed into its compression sack (including tent stakes) it only weighs 1.1kg/2.2lbs. The Stratosphere is ideal to use when lightweight and small pack size are essential.
- Pack Weight: 1.13kg / 2.49lbs
- Trail Weight: 940g / 2.07lbs (Fly, Poles)
- Packsize: 31cm x 14cm / 12" X 6"
- Zip: 3/4 length side zip
- Origin: Imported
- Waterproof Taped Seams
- Doors: Single-point side entry
- Vents: 1 mesh vent
- Supplied with 7 Lightweight Alloy Y-Stakes, with one spare (6 + 1 spare stakes)
- Flame retardant
- Supplied with a Compression Storage Bag
- Outer Fabric: 50D 290T 100% nylon ripstop with (5000mm HH) waterproof polyurethane coating
- Roll Away Mosquito Net: 50D polyester No-See-Um-Mesh in the front of the hood
- No-See-Um Netting: 1600 holes per square inch
- Groundsheet: 210T 100% nylon with (8000mm HH) waterproof polyurethane coating, bathtub style
- 8.5mm Aluminium Poles with screw lock tip, 100% aluminium
Snugpak is a true, pioneering British company that offfers world class cold weather clothing and camping equipment for both military and civilian application. Pioneers of the Softie® insulating filler, their sleeping bags and ECW solutions can handle any subzero environment on the planet and have been used in every conflict since the Falklands war be military forces around the globe.