Platatac SR Mesh Hood and Shoulders
- More Information
The Platatac SR mesh hood and shoulders is a lightweight, packable scaled-down ghillie suit hood that covers the head, shoulders and upper part of the torso to break up the wearer's shape aiding in visual-based camouflage/concealment and remaining under the detection threshold.
The hood has bungee cord drawstrings to customize the size of the hood, sleeves and back along with adjustable chest tension buckle/strap to keep the hood securely attached to yourself. It is completely breathable and retains very little moisture when wet. This Hood is large enough to be worn over most combat helmets without interfering with ancillaries.
The hood can be worn stand-alone or you can attach natural foliage or jute/ghillie garnish to the sewn grid squares of 550 reinforced paracord in order to match the surrounding landscape. With the add on back drape/pack cover which will cover the wearer pack and break up the shape even further.
As it's extremely lightweight and can pack up to fit in a spare pouch or combat pants pocket, it not just perfect for snipers or recon members conducting ISR but can be used by members conducting dismounted or standing patrols, ambushes or waiting in LUPS/Admin areas to assist in suppressing your visual presence.
Available in two fabrics, a lightweight Atacs iX bug mesh and Multicam Omega mesh.
- Reinforced grids of 550 paracord to attach foliage/jute
- Adjustable buckle on the chest
- 3/4 length sleeves
- Multiple bungee cords to adjust armpit, sleeve, hood and back for ultimate fit
- Hood is large enough to fit over most tactical helmets and break up the wearers silhouette
- Para cord loops at rear to attach the Platatac sniper back drape (sold separately)
Weights and fabrics
- ATACS iX Lightweight Bug Mesh - 150 grams
- Multicam Omega Polyester Mesh - 460 grams
More information about ATACS patterns here